Greetings from the Wine Country
Here I sit, in temporary housing, waiting until December 21st before I can complete the move to Sausalito. The temporary housing really isn’t all that bad–it’s a lovely apartment in San Rafael in north Marin county. It’s a very hilly area that isn’t over developed, and Mount Tamalpais overlooks the area. Deer hang out here behind the apartment. You can imagine Conrad’s delight!
The past few weeks have been crazy busy:
- selling the house in Manhattan Beach,
- mother becoming incredibly ill and my having to fly down to Florida,
- rushing off to New Mexico to present at a conference,
- returning to California for packing and loading,
- taking a weekend trip (that was planned months before knowing of the move) to New York City to attend a couple of broadway shows,
- driving up to the San Francisco bay area,
- and setting up temporary housing.